- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of information.
Better Aging is dedicated to bringing you the news and information that will help you understand the biology of aging to fight the aging process. We’ll bring you strategies centered on good science, wellness, technology and the latest innovative treatments.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, by registering or completing the contact forms available through the Website, subscribing to our newsletter or providing us with your details in various events. If you contact us for reasons such as for a specific service, asking questions or requesting technical support, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Providing the Requested Services:
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with technical assistance for using the Website and the services available through it.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested services.
Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our services and understand feedback on Better Aging’s services and products and to help provide more information on the use of those products and services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways:
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Better Aging products or services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably attempt to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your Personal Information, to any third party without having received your permission, except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law.
We may use third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management, analytics or maintenance services. In particular, we use Google Analytics on our Website for analytics purposes. Google Analytics set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. We may provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or the services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer services.
Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Better Aging, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete;
- Object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Object to an automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances;
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Better Aging is a “Data Controller”. Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above-mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at: email@example.com.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website’s experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on our Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. Keep in mind that we may be unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party, who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, Better Aging does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems (unless the data is required for Better Aging to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services), and inform other relevant parties to which we have disclosed your personal data of the erasure request.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated: 26.6.2019